Thursday, April 14, 2011

26 weeks

Measuring your baby from top to toe with his legs extended, he is about 35.6 centimetres. He weighs a little more than 760 grams. Your baby's eyes begin to open around now. Response to sound grows more consistent toward the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to the ear is complete. He also continues to take small breaths and although he's only breathing in water and not air, it's still good practice for when he's born. Read more: http://www.babycenter.com.au/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment/26weeks/#ixzz1JTOEr9em I'm not having a good week this week. For the first time in my entire life (which is 24 years of living with arthritis - which was diagnosed when I was 2) I am having my very first flare up (I think). I've heard other people complain about it (and boy can some people with RA complain about it!). I've heard it described as sore hot and swollen joints. Myself all I have experienced is joint stiffness. I've never had this all over heat in my joints before. It sucks. Still you wouldn't hear me complain about it unless you're Ri or my mum. And you'll only read about it here NEVER on facebook. I don't think I've put up a single RA related status on Facebook come to think of it! It's this 'flare' that has me completely disenchanted with my medical doctors at the Royal at the moment. I've had four appointments with the medical team at the Royal so far during my pregnancy (I see three teams, midwives, OBS and medical) and without fail the med team has been excellent at ordering tests but absolutely appaulling at making clinical decisions, they've deferred the two big issues to my GP (My reaction to the aspirin they put me on and now this flare). I've decided to go to my next appointment and ask if I can drop the medical team seeing as parking at the GP is free and 2 hours parking at the Royal costs $20. I've also decided to try my pre-pregnancy approach with the doctors, which was my way or the highway. Mum tells me I can be very intimidating and I have been trying to be nice, I just feel like I'm getting nowhere by letting the doctors set the pace. It's time for some decisions! Including the c-section vs natural birth decision. As for baby: she seems happy and kicky. 2 weeks until our 4D scan!

No comments:

Post a Comment