Monday, March 7, 2011

21 weeks


The fetus now weighs about 360 grams. Up until now she has been measured from crown to rump but from this point on the measurement will be from crown to heel. And from crown to heel she is approximately 27 centimetres long. The eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed and the fingernails cover the fingertips.

Your baby can now hear your conversations. If you talk, read, or sing to your baby, expect her to hear you. Some studies have found that newborns will suck more vigorously when read to from a book they heard frequently in utero. If you want to try, pick a book now and read it out loud. Make sure you won't mind reading it over and over once the baby is here. It may be your baby's favourite bedtime story for a long time after birth.

In the last week or so I have POPPED! I was lying back on the couch on the weekend and looking at me made Ri go 'woah! when did that happen? You've really POPPED!'
Thank you hunny, even though I know you're not calling ME fat it still has a weird feeling to it when people start saying I'm looking 'big' or 'round.'
Here are the things that I have been thinking about in the last week.
Naming: Her nicknames are Pookey, Kookey or KiKi, she pretty much does have a people name, but I want to wait until she is born before I call her by that name. I've stopped telling people our top 3 favourite names as I got sick of other peoples opinions! One name in particular has been picked on a lot!
Kicking: She's been pretty consistent since that first kick last month, earlier last week she settled down a lot over two days, to the point where I was getting a little bit worried! So I had a rolo and a can of pepsi max with dinner and sure enough she started dancing around with all the sugar. She doesn't do a lot of repetitive moments, I find that she wakes up, has a couple of rolls, a couple of punchs and a few kicks and then falls back to sleep. I feel a bit of pressure changing now and then too and assume she's stretching.
Medications/Skin: My skin has been slowly recovering from that really itchy bumpy thing that I had going on a few weeks ago. I suspected it was a reaction to aspirin and last night I took it for the second night in a row after having about two weeks off only to experience what I call a 'thumping blood pressure headache.' My heart felt like it was thumping loud and fast in my chest and I couldn't sleep because all I could hear was my heart. I won't be taking it again tonight.
Buying stuff: I've bought her a lil dress and a bodysuit with a zip, mum seems to think that I'm going nuts and buying way too much, but I thought I was being restrained!
Maternity clothes: I have bought some black pants, some socks, a nighty, a bump belt and some (uh-hum) larger underpants.

I'm hoping to do another post tomorrow updating how we've started adapting its and pieces to help me when she's born.

No comments:

Post a Comment