Thursday, March 17, 2011

22 weeks

Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn. His lips are becoming more distinct and his eyes have developed; though the iris still lacks pigment, his eyebrows and eyelids are in place. His pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily and the first signs of teeth are showing beneath his gum line. Before you know it, your baby will be smiling at you

It's been another busy week! We're looking at putting in an offer for a house this week (we don't think they will accept... but they are dreaming if they think they'll get much more with the market the way it is right now!)
I had my first appointment with a physio to start building up my strength and stamina.
We made a big effort to catch up with friends and family on the weekend.
Ri went out and bought our pram (a teal stokke - LOVE), a high chair, some bottles and a baby monitor.
I really would like the Stokke change table, but it's $1000 and you can get change tables from IKEA for $70, so Ri's plan is to buy the IKEA one and modified it to make it more like the Stokke one (higher).
I had a weird thing happen with my belly this week! I felt huge on Saturday and then woke up one Sunday to find that my bump has all but disappeared! (she changed positions apparently!)
I think the bump size has gone back to where it was on Saturday. So many people said to me that I was only going to get bigger from here on out that it was such a surprize to see it gone!
Even with my copy of 'what to expect' I am still getting a lot of surprizes!
Everyone says not to go out and buy stuff yourself as you will get heaps of stuff at the baby shower/when the baby arrives, so I've been doing my best not to buy things.
I was very happy to get this hello kitty onesie from a work mate this week!
I canNOT wait for the baby shower!
Maybe I should start planning it!
A date has been set for it in May.
All I know is that I want a LOT of pink! And balloons! And cupcakes!
I'll have to start researching inspiration!


1 comment:

  1. What a cute Hello Kitty onesie!! :) It's exciting to read about your progress and it brings back happy memories of when I was pregnant with my Sarah, long, long ago now. Cherish each and every precious moment.

    All the best always,
    Linda in Illinois :)

    ReplyDelete