Monday, February 14, 2011

18 weeks

Image is from babycentre.co.uk, and the next bit of text (about the developement of bubs) is from 3dpregnancy.parentconnection.com.
Your baby's ears are now facing forward and are completely formed so she can actually hear you talking now. You don't need to abandon your potty mouth just yet, but you might want to start thinking about it! Other highlights this week:

This week is also the beginning of ossification. And while that sounds like some long and involved paperwork you'll have to fill out, it's really a fancy medical term for the hardening of your baby's miniature bones. And that's a good thing.

Your baby's nerves are making more and more complex connections. Her sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing are all developing. A substance called myelin, which makes nerve connections travel faster, is now coating your baby's nerves.

Your baby now weighs between 5 and 7 ounces and is about 5½ inches long—about the size of a pickle from the corner deli. (You're familiar with pickles, right? Your regular accompaniment to a big bowl of ice cream?)

I am 18 weeks tomorrow and right now we are so busy! Aside from all the baby related running around and appointments we are currently looking for a house to BUY! We had thought we found the one last week, but unfortunately the pushy owners put it on the renters market and leased it out for a YEAR starting this week. And who is going to buy a house they can't touch for 12 months? I really REALLY want to be able to bring bubs home to OUR place and not mum's house.
We bought baby a Mose's basket on the weekend (photos of which are just above and just below this block of text). I just really wanted to have something baby in the house. A small hint around the house that a baby is on the way.


I have two appointments this week, one of which was today. I went to see my Orthopedic Surgeon today about natural child birth and bilateral hip and knee replacements. I had assumed from the start that the doctors would have one look at my arthritis and say C-section that I had not prepared myself for the idea of natural child birth. Now it seems like it is becoming MY choice and I don't know which way to vote. With my chronic lower back pain maybe a C-section would be best? Does it make me a bad person for not even trying?
I'll let you know what I decide!
This is yesterdays bump shot, 17w5d.



About three days ago I felt some flutters that I am sure was Bubs. I've been feeling them everyday since a few times a day. I can't wait for that first big kick!



No comments:

Post a Comment