Monday, February 7, 2011

Pesky Vegetarian

I am a Pesco-Vegetarian which means I eat fish, eggs and dairy but no other meats.
Now I assumed that once I was pregnant I would just start eating meat (still haven't ruled it out). I only want to do whats right for bubs and worry about Iron levels, nutrients etc. The only thing is, I haven't been able to bring myself to do it! NOT because of morning sickness (which I haven't had) but because I get all emotional and can see (in my minds eye) the cute little cow, pigs, sheep being sent of to the slaughter and I just CANNOT do it! (I may be a little more emotional lately, perhaps.) So my husband went online to find things I can eat which are high in Iron. Here is his list:
  • Bake beans
  • Milo
  • Corn Flakes
  • Potato
  • Lentils

So I'm hopefully getting enough iron! Hopefully I won't have to eat any red meat, but if I do, I will!

2 comments:

  1. Milo is actually full of good stuff- I remember eating so much of it while I was breastfeeding because it was jam packed with iron and other goodies, I just couldn't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, I am and was vegetarian through out my whole pregnancy and never once had a problem with iron levels. My iron levels were actually better than a friend of mine who was pregnant and ate meat!!

    You can actually get Milo B smart of something or other (not sure I hate milo) but it's got a few added goodies in it :)

    ReplyDelete