Monday, February 7, 2011

Pregnancy - week 17



Image is from babycentre.co.uk, as is the next little bit of text


Your baby is now nearly 11cm long from crown to rump and weighs about 140g. His skeleton is mostly rubbery cartilage, but will start to harden as the weeks go by. A protective substance called myelin slowly begins to wrap around his spinal cord. Sweat glands are starting to develop all over his body. Just as he grows bigger, the umbilical cord, his lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker, too.

This photo was taken by my husband on the weekend (16 weeks, 4 days) I have been doing weekly bump shots on my baby bump ap on my iPhone, I just havent put them on our laptop.
And since I've only just started developing the beginnings of a bump on the weekend I probably won't post weeks 7-15!
I'm 17 weeks tomorrow!
Two more weeks until the morph scan.
I have been obsessed with names this week. The only thing that is decided is the middle names, Louise for a girl and Rhys for a boy.
I'm looking for unique names that don't sound too out there. Beautiful and girly names for girls and an 'professional' name for a boy (since he is likely to be an engineer!).
My favourites at the moment are:
Girl - Amelia, Arabella, Paige and Astrid
Boy - Cooper, Avery, Maximillian, Oscar and Archer
It's a little bit obvious with the girls names that I only get as far as A each time I google girls names!
It's a weird thought (at least for me) that this little person is growing inside of me and yet I don't even know their name!
Taking suggestions...

1 comment:

  1. You look great!
    All of those names are wonderful! I'm partial to Paige and Maximillian.

    ReplyDelete