Tuesday, May 3, 2011

29 weeks

Your baby now weighs around 1.1 kilograms and measures about 38 centimetres from head to toe. In boys, testicles descend from near the kidneys through the groin en route to the scrotum. In girls, the clitoris is relatively prominent because it's not yet covered by the still-small labia. These will grow to cover it in the last few weeks before birth.

Your baby's head is getting bigger, and brain growth is very rapid at this time. Nearly all babies react to sound by 30 weeks.

This week we went and had a 4D scan.
It was fantastic. Here are some of the images we got from the experience.

My sookie lil girl (reminding me of her dad in this shot!)




She has my nose and my lips.


Her little foot, we think she has her dads toes.

We double checked her gender (just to be sure before the baby shower in a couple of weeks) and it was agreed she is a girl.

After we left the clinic Ri goes "PHEW! For a minute there I thought I saw BALLS! No penis, just balls." We decided that he must have been looking at the girl bits.


I thought we had decided on her full name, but I think it turns out that we agreed on 2 of her 3 given names (she is getting two middle names, like her dad). It was the second middle name that we had different ideas on. I think I'm likely to go with what Ri is thinking. I have her in my mind as a daddy's girl, so I'm very happy to let her daddy have the final say.


She is such a little mover! I think her favourite position is to lie transversely and up very high. I call her my little penthouse baby.


We have continued our house hunt and think that we have found another area in which we may be willing to buy, if only we can find the right house! I have high hopes for one we are looking at next weekend. Wish us luck.








No comments:

Post a Comment