Tuesday, May 10, 2011

30 weeks!

Your baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. While your baby may soon slow up growing in length, (he measures about 40 centimetres from crown to toe by now), he will continue to gain weight until he's born.
This week your baby continues to open and shut his eyes. He can probably see what's going on in utero, distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light on your stomach, your baby may move his head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow. Some researchers think baring your stomach to light
stimulates visual development. But don't expect 20/20 vision when your baby is born -- newborns can see a distance of only about 20 to 30 centimetres.



30 weeks! With only two months to go I am getting a bit nervous that first of all time is going too quickly and that also I may not have the time that I assume I have. On the weekend one of Ri's family friends had her little girl at 36 weeks. For me that is next month and I definitely do not want to be seeing our little girls face until 38 weeks (well I hope not to, but that is because I don't want her to need any extra medical attention). But I guess I have absolutely no say in that! If she is early she is early.


This week has been a big week in real estate and for the first time I am feeling hopeful that we may be able to bring her home to our very own home and not my mums house. Maybe she will even have her own nursery! Here at mum's I didn't want to completely take over a second room, so I've really missed the process of setting up a nursery.

If I do end up with a room just for baby I'm hoping for a lot of pink, white and a dash of red.


(The picture is from a Brisbane shops website, the shop is called my first room).


I saw the physio yesterday, who says I am doing very well with my exercises, my arms are a little bit bigger. And I'm also carrying a lot better than she was expecting. I think that is mostly due to luck, as my bump is small.


I have three my appointments this week, one with the medical team, one is a preadmission appointment with the anesthesiologist (booked before they 'decided' I was having a c-section, but I am pretty sure this type of appointment is only for people who are having a c-section) and an appointment with the midwives.


I am completely dreading the med-teams appointment because I've completely forgotten to do one of the tests they asked me to do (24 hr urine - meh, my kidney's have been fine lately) and I've been working with my GP re:steroids and I hope I've made the right decisions. I always feel weak when I admit that I need medication. And sick with guilt when they look at me and say 'well if you need it...'


I might pop back with a little bit of a summery in a couple of days.


The other thing I need to do this week is have an x-ray for the pre-admissions appointment. This makes me feel physically sick, but I'm told it needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment