Tuesday, May 17, 2011

31 weeks

Your baby's arms, legs and body continue to fill out -- and they are finally proportional in size to her head. She weighs about 1.5 kilograms and looks more like a newborn. She measures about 41 centimetres from crown to toe.

You may notice your baby isn't moving around as much. Don't worry; she's just running out of space in your uterus. As long as you can feel her squirming, you'll know she's just fine. Believe it or not, she still has plenty of growing to do. You can expect her to gain at least 900 grams more before delivery.


I hope that this does not jinx us, but with everything signed and fiance unconditionally approved I feel semi-confident in saying that we did it. We bought a house! And with 3 weeks to spare (from moving day to possible birth date).

I am so excited. Just insanely pleased with myself and my husband for finding our perfect first home. Buying a home was something we really wanted to do this year, and its been such a journey without a baby in tow. I was beginning to think it would never happen and that mum was stuck with us.
This time last year buying a house was the last thing I cared about, it was only after finding out we were pregnant that I started thinking that we NEEDED a house NOW and in my mind it is our gift to our little girl.

It would not have been possible without the support from my mum. I get so overwhelmed by what mum has done for us that it is intimidating! How am I suppose to match that super-mum performance? The sacrifice and generosity?

I have no idea! First step is to get that mortgage paid off, I guess.

I'll be about 33-34 weeks when we move.



The second thing that happened this week was the baby shower! And it really was everything that I imagined. My beautiful friend flew up from Adelaide just for the day and that alone made it an amazing day.

It had everything I wanted, flowers, punch, cupcakes and tea.

The only thing I wish I had done differently was I wish I opened the gifts as people arrived and not at the end. By the end I was physically and mentally exhausted and I feel that I was not as enthusiastic about all the fantastic little gifts as I would have been a couple of hours earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment