Tuesday, May 3, 2011

28 weeks

You're in the home stretch. The third trimester typically starts at week 29 and lasts until you give birth, at around 40 weeks. Most women gain an average of five kilograms during this trimester.

By this week, your baby weighs a little over 1 kilogram and may measure 38 centimetres from top to toe. At about this time, your baby can open his eyes and turn his head in utero if he notices a continuous, bright light shining from the outside. His fat layers are forming and his fingernails appear.




I had a really busy week last week. The week I've labelled as 'My last week of work'.


And I'm so glad, as my back hurts.


I thought it would be my lower back that would provide me with all the problems but, if I use my belly belt, I haven't really noticed any change in my lower back pain level.


It's my t-spine that has been acting up. Towards the end of the day its quite painful if I breathe in deeply.
Plus baby brain makes work interesting! I think I had at least 3 copies of the same to do list, I had to write it out again and again as I kept misplacing it.
I cannot wait to get my mind back! Someone once told me it was about one year after the birth - when they started feeling normal again.



The other thing on my mind this week is the baby shower. I have a very vague idea of what I still need. I dragged Ri to IKEA to pick up some glassware and teapot.


I have it in my mind that it doesn't need to be complicated (the food or drink that we serve) it just has to be presented nicely. By serving drinks from jugs instead of straight from the plastic soda bottles, I think that'll make all the difference.

After my trip to IKEA I think we have at least 6 teapots to serve tea from and use as decorations.


Easter was good. I ate so many sweet things that I swear there was a 24 hour period where Pook's just did not sleep! It felt like she was moving and a grooving non-stop.







No comments:

Post a Comment