Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our First Year

It was our first wedding anniversary yesterday. So I thought I would upload more photos.
The one above is us at our university, which is where we started dating in 2005. We actually met and became friends in 2001, when we were both in grade 11 at Grace Lutheran. It makes it confusing and I find some people assume we were highschool sweethearts and others that we met at UQ.


In front of our wedding cars.




At our reception venue, Customs House.






On the balcony at Customs House.



Our first dance.




For our anniversary Ri took me on a drive around Brisbane, to all the places we went on our wedding day (to relive it) and also he took me on an international tour of Brisbane, to places around Brisbane that had features that reminded him of some of the places we went on our honeymoon. It was very sweet. He also cooked a four course meal. And he made me a paper crane. And we swapped gifts. I think we were very lucky with our first year. It's been all about travel and adventure (in 24 countries) and the promise of a little baby.




If someone had said on our wedding day that one year later I would be over six months pregnant, I would of called them a dirty liar.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your husband on your Anniversary! I feel like I know you somehow, because I've been following your blog and journey along the way. :) Wishing you every blessing towards happy tomorrows. Hope everything is going well with your pregnancy.

    All I can say, for what it's worth, is that time goes just as quickly as everyone older says it does. My daughter is already 15 (16 this coming December) and sometimes I just look on in wonderment, wondering where all these years went and it catches me suddenly very sentimental. I can remember as if it were just yesterday, being her age, and how in the world did all of these years slip by while I wasn't looking?

    Cherish the moments, as I know you do, and you'll be just fine.

    Blessings always from me - sitting here in a small cottage of a house, in the midst of Illinois corn and bean fields. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. the photos from your wedding are stunning. You look like you're in a fairytale. :)

    ReplyDelete